Couple on rollover hopes to visit Cayman

| 26/07/2017

I am on rollover and my spouse wants us to spend the summer holiday in Cayman. Can I apply for a visitor’s visa? My rollover is up in November of this year.

Auntie’s answer: A similar question has come up before but it has been about a year, so it seems a good time to address this again. I think it would be helpful to look at the previous column on returning to Cayman for a post-rollover visit (see Visiting Cayman between term limits).

For those who don’t want to read that column, I will offer a brief recap: Basically, while you cannot be resident on Cayman for at least one year after your term limit expires, you are free to come back for a visit, though you will then be subject to the normal restrictions for visitors specified in the Immigration Law (2015 Revision).

Tags: ,

Category: Ask Auntie, Immigration Questions

Comments (3)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:


    Visitors can come for up to 6 months.

    There is no way, acting properly, that immigration should or would re-set the term limit of someone who has spent 5 and a half months of their “year away” physically in Cayman.

    • Anonymous says:

      Then immigration would be acting illegally, and would or should be dragged kicking and screaming to be humiliated in court (again).

      • Anonymous says:

        You are wrong, but were you right the year away will have not been sufficient to protect Cayman and break any human rights entitlements. It would prevent Cayman from ever removing the person in the future after they have been allowed to openly treat Cayman as their home for almost 20 years.