Wants to return after PR denied

| 19/06/2018

I was turned down for permanent residency and am now thinking of returning after my year is up. I know I can’t return to Cayman until November 1, but can I apply for a work permit to return before that date, or do I have to wait until then to apply?

Cayman National Bank

Ask Auntie sponsor

Auntie’s answer: Yes, you can apply for a work permit ahead of the conclusion of your year away from Cayman. A Department of Immigration official confirmed your application can be submitted before the year is up, but also offered a word of caution.

“The applicant must keep in mind, however, that an approval is not guaranteed, therefore all travel and employment arrangements should be contingent on receiving the department’s written authorisation,” the official said.

Tags: ,

Category: Ask Auntie, Immigration Questions

Comments (5)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    Why do people still want to return to a place that clearly doesn’t want them?…

    • Anonymous says:

      Because this is paradise compared to the shithole places many here comes from.

    • Anonymous says:

      Money, my friend, Money…This is the land of milk and honey that is why we come here..I will go home to visit but I will never be able to make the money I make here at home..Cayman is for me..

  2. Anonymous says:

    Why do people who cannot even qualify for PR assume permits are automatic, and why are they and not their potential employers asking these questions, Mr. Premier?

  3. Anonymous says:

    One further suggestion. Wait for the year to pass. This way your new roll over can start fresh. Otherwise you could end up on a work permit for example with 10 months left and then have to roll over either way.