Needs help finding the ombudsman

| 15/11/2017 | 1 Comment

How do you contact the new ombudsman? Can’t see any contact details on the government website,

Auntie’s answer: In the interest of being thorough, I also searched the government website. I found the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and the Office of the Complaints Commissioner (OCC), both of which are now part of the ombudsman’s office, but no mention of this new position.

I feel I must note that, considering its function as the overarching independent watchdog dealing with public complaints and access to information, this lack of information seems more than a bit ironic. I have to hope that this situation will improve soon.

Anyway, in the end, I was able to track down what you requested; here is the website for the Office of the Ombudsman. In addition, you can reach the office by calling 946-6283 or through this email address.

The ombudsman, Sandy Hermiston, took up the post in September and, in addition to the ICO and OCC, the powers of her office will eventually include complaints against police, whistleblowing and data protection.


Category: Ask Auntie

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    Maybe she’s resigned and packed her bags already? Cardboard lifsize facimily sitting her office chair? Oh well we nearly had one. Sigh

Please include your email address in the form below if you are using your real name. You can use a pseudonym, with or without leaving an email address, or just leave the form blank to be "Anonymous". All comments will be moderated before they are published. The CNS Comment Policy is at the top of this page.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.