Worried about dangerous drivers in neighbourhood

| 03/10/2017

I live on Old Crewe Road and have lived there for a number of years. Lately, I have noticed more and more cars become extremely aggressive in their driving, some going over 50mph and passing other cars on the road going nearly as fast. With this road being a residential road, also having a school and church, there are many pedestrians along this road who are now in danger. Who do I need to contact to see if anyone can help solve this problem?

Auntie’s answer: I reached out to the RCIPS with your concerns and there are a few options for how to register a complaint about the dangerous drivers in your area. The best unit to handle this problem is the Neighbourhood Policing Department, which an RCIPS representative described as a “good destination for general complaints/suggestions/concerns about situational issues in neighbourhoods”.

You can call the George Town Police Station (949-4222) and ask for the NPD or email them here. The police have also launched a mobile download accessible through the RCIPS website. It is not an app for a smart phone, but it can be added as a weblink to the home screen, by first tapping the Community Bridge button on the RCIPS website. The weblink will enable the user to send an email to the NPD.

For any other general concerns or if you have information that you feel the police should know about, you can use this email address, and your message will be directed to the appropriate department.

I hope this information is helpful and the speeding drivers in your area are brought under control before something awful happens.


Category: Ask Auntie, Police Questions

Comments (6)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    The degree of courtesy and good driving manners I observed in the late ’80’s has all but disappeared on our roads today. Everyone is so much more important and privileged in their attitudes resulting in road rage situations I never thought I would see here.

    It is well past time for the traffic department of RCIPS to get out on the roads and deal with all these arrogant road denizens. I have repeatedly reported a deranged teen driving too fast and on one wheel on a cul-de-sac road, where if caught he could not escape capture. He is riding an unlicenced and uninsured dirt bike that is not street legal. So far I have not seen a single patrol vehicle on this road. This insanity must be stopped before some poor child is injured or killed by this maniac on this street.

    And why pray tell, when I call in these reports is the most important detail asked WHO is reporting it? It is none of anyone’s business WHO is reporting it – DEAL WITH THE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY!

  2. Anonymous says:

    tell the police?????
    they will do nothing

  3. Anonymous says:

    I say close the road in the middle. Until then, if you can’t beat em join em.

  4. Anonymous says:

    I say nuke Old Crewe Road from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

  5. Anonymous says:

    close the road in the midle and make all through traffic use the highway, also install pavements the whole way along

    also close southsound junction at hurley’s and divert it back to linford pearson then the traffic at hurleys would also run smoother as well.

  6. Anonymous says:

    That road should not be allowed to be used as a cut-through for racers trying to beat the traffic at Hurleys roundabout, either in the mornings or in the evenings. I see them in the morning swerving off the Hurleys Roundabout at full speed cutting off everyone using the proper lane to get on to South Sound Road and you can almost guarantee which ones are going to cut up Old Crewe Road (even after the sign was put up saying no right turns last year, which I notice is gone now because it didn’t work). And in the evenings those people are cutting in front of people who are waiting on South Sound Road even though they don’t have the right of way! Stop letting those people out unless they have a child in their car after picking them up from the day care. That street should be used for local traffic only.